It was our pleasure to welcome Molly Fletcher to Intrepid Radio! She recently joined us to discuss her book, A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done, in which Molly reveals her proven approach to landing more than $500 million worth of deals throughout her career.
Nicknamed “the female Jerry Maguire” by CNN, Molly Fletcher spent nearly two decades as a female sports agent recruiting the top athletes, coaches and media personalities in the game. In 2010, she started her own company, MWF Enterprises, which serves clients through a variety of services, including: keynote speaking, team building programs and online learning. Molly knows all about paving the road less traveled. When people didn’t buy into her skill set on account of her gender- she found a way to relate- embrace- and ultimately, take on athletes we’ve all watched on the television set—and she did this through what she attributes as the five steps of negotiating. (One being – the art of “shutting up”)
We discuss the following with Molly on this episode:
- The 5 things that all great negotiators do
- How to set the stage for a deal and employ “360 degree awareness” to come out ahead
- Lessons learned from negotiating in the sports world that are applicable to the business world, “It’s about people and connections”. “Show your cards but not specific to the deal”.
- Get really clear on the front end so you know what the “un-acceptables” are
- How to negotiate when your client does not know where they want to be
- The steps one takes to build, manage, and grow relationships in a competitive business landscape
- How to negotiate with difficult personalities or people you don’t like or trust
In A Winner’s Guide to Negotiating: How Conversation Gets Deals Done, author Molly Fletcher provides the strategic guide to getting the most out of every negotiation. Effective negotiation is rooted in establishing trust and building relationships—one conversation at a time. In this practical guide, trailblazing sports agent Molly Fletcher shows her proven approach to landing more than $500 million worth of deals throughout her career. It all comes down to doing five things well:
- Set the Stage
- Find Common Ground
- Ask with Confidence
- Embrace the Pause
- Know When to Leave
Master these steps and you’ll not only close more deals—you’ll be setting yourself up for the next big one.
Be sure to get more information about Molly Fletcher and purchase her new book here: http://www.mollyfletcher.com/
Get Intrepid Business sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Latest in DUI and DUID Toxicology - August 10, 2018
- Update: The Patient is the New Payer - July 30, 2018
- How Ostendio is Helping Providers to Combat Cybercrime - July 11, 2018