Michael Baldwin, author of the new book Just Add Water: An Incredibly Easy Guide for Creating Powerful Presentations. Michael is an accomplished leader in the communications industry with more than 25 years of top 10 advertising agency experience in building global brands, leading global teams, solving complex strategic problems, and developing world-class creative campaigns.THE FIVE KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS INTERVIEW:
1. “Cavemen did a better job presenting than we do today.” Michael explains why.
2. You must create a “CCO,” a crystal clear objective. Your simple goal is to convince the audience of X.
3. “Never let them see you click,” and other rules for presenting.
4. The universe of presentations consists of only three things: you, your content, and your audience. How do you connect them effectively?
5. There are 30 MILLION presentations delivered daily, according to statistics. DAILY! Can you imagine the millions and millions of missed opportunities to impact, inform, and inspire audiences around the world because of all those lousy presentations?
Get the book here:
Just Add Water
More about Michael Baldwin:
Michael Baldwin has spent more than 35 years building brands and developing world-class creative campaigns.
He is founder and CEO of MICHAEL BALDWIN INC., which offers unique programs that transform mere presenters into truly effective communicators.
At Ogilvy & Mather New York, Michael was the worldwide account director for the IBM and SAP accounts and received the David Ogilvy Award. He held posts at Ammirati & Puris; BBDO; and FCB, where he managed accounts that included Apple, Compaq, and NeXT. Michael has also won Cannes Gold Lion, Clio, British D&AD, and
Ad Age’s “Best of the Year” TV campaign awards for copywriting.
Michael studied professional acting at the William Esper Studio and the Deena Levy Theatre Studio, in New York. He has a BS from Beloit College and resides in New York.
CLICK HERE to receive all future conversations and columns from the intrepidNOW Media Network, sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.