Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
TODAYS GUEST Mark Britnell, Chairman and Partner of KPMG’s Global Health Practice
Mark joined us to discuss his book and his great observations from his career, especially the last few years where he has been In Search of the Perfect Health System. Specifically, we discuss the following with Mark:
- (5:05) What does the perfect health system look like?
- (6:29) What lessons can we learn from healthcare systems across the globe?
- (8:30) How does the U.S. healthcare system compare with other countries?
- (11:00) What are some of the positive changes you’ve seen in how the U.S. is looking to reform its healthcare system?
- (12:41) What are some of the areas in which the U.S. leads healthcare innovation?
- (13:19) What’s next for Healthcare in the US? What changes can we expect as we head into 2016?
- (16:00) What have we missed? What else will readers of In Search of the Perfect Health System learn?
About In Search of the Perfect Health System
Have you ever imagined what a truly great health system could look like? In Search of the Perfect Health System provides the answers.
Over the past six years, Mark Britnell has worked in 60 countries – covering eight-tenths of the world’s GDP – with hundreds of government, public and private healthcare organisations. He has circumnavigated the planet 70 times over and offers unique perspectives on countries and the tectonic global forces at play.
Mark infuses his writing with his own humanity and personal struggle with cancer and has all the heart and passion of a healthcare professional combined with the head of a person who leads a successful global health practice.
As we all have busy lives, each essay and chapter can be read in the time it takes to drink a cup of coffee. It’s quite possible to read this book in a day and gain a truly global health perspective. (from Amazon)
MARK BRITNELL is one of the foremost global experts on healthcare systems. During his distinguished career he oversaw the largest new hospital build in British history, established the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine and developed one of the highest performing healthcare organizations in the UK.
After joining the UK’s National Health Service (NHS) fast-track Management Training Scheme in 1989 he held a number of senior operational and government posts before being appointed Chief Executive of University Hospitals Birmingham in 2000. He was NHS Director-General for Commissioning and System Management from 2007 to 2009 before joining KPMG, the global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. He is now Chairman of KPMG’s Global Health practice.
His debut book, In Search of the Perfect Health System, published in October 2015 (Palgrave Macmillan), is the result of more than 25 years experience advising on healthcare strategy in more than 60 countries. (from https://home.kpmg.com/xx/en/home/contacts/b/mark-britnell.html)
Connect with Mark on Twitter!
Healthcare, Global, In Search of the Perfect Health System, KPMG, Mark Britnell, Healthcare Reform
LEARN MORE ABOUT intrepidNOW
CLICK HERE to go to our Media Kit, the place for all of the resources you will need to interact with intrepidNOW (mission + purpose, host + contributor bios and pics, logos to download, etc.).
- The Latest in DNA Biology - November 1, 2019
- Introducing Knowmadics - July 19, 2019
- Care Giving with Dave Wortman - June 17, 2019