Today we present Episode 6 of our popular intrepidNOW series, Leadership on the Ground. I am joined by my co-host Erica Peitler, where we continue our conversation about a new way to approach leadership development. Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…Discussion Guide from today’s episode:
1. Put simply, a facilitator of progress is a leader who drives performance and productivity.
2. The organizational hurdles to progress? Such as, how a leader is allocating time…
3. Leaders have three resources: people, time, and money.
4. “Green dollars verses blue dollars.” Budgeted dollars vs. budget time…
5. “Being efficient isn’t necessarily the best thing. Getting in and out might too quickly might leave important issues on the table undiscussed.”
6. Being effective is what you should be looking for next, followed by real productivity. “The right behaviors in the room…”
7. How important is process, processes generally designed to solve problems?
8. Setting expectations matters.
9. What other skills do you need to be a facilitator of progress?
10. As a leader, you cannot be afraid to call out unproductive behaviors.
11. Many leaders are NOT facilitators of progress. Can this be learned?
12. As leaders, you need to be “change ready.”
13. You can be a facilitator of progress, not just at the organizational level, but also at the individual and team level as well.
14. A true leader, a facilitator of progress, always arrives at clarity and closure.
Check out the complete Leadership on the Ground series!
Erica Peitler is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Erica is the author of the groundbreaking leadership book, Leadership Rigor:
Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity–Leading Yourself, Teams and Organizations