Today we present Episode 2 of a new intrepidNOW series, Leadership on the Ground. I am joined by my co-host Erica Peitler, where we continue our conversation about a new way to approach leadership development. Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…Discussion Guide from today’s episode:
1. Why does “altitude” matter when you think about leadership?
2. “As a leader, are you working at the appropriate level (AKA “altidude”)?” Are you leading too much? Are you leading too little?
3. Put another way, are you delegating too much? Or are you micromanaging too much?
4. The “Do-Manage-Lead” Model. And for the record, most leaders have never achieved the “Lead” level in the model. Yeah, that probably means you!
5. What happens when a CEO is NOT playing at their appropriate level.
6. Why “lift” matters (what you achieve when leading at the right altitude).
7. Is there a correct altitude? Or is that different for each leader?
8. The Progressive-Mindset Model.
9. Do you have “Ready-Now” leaders?
10. When thinking about leadership from an individual, team, or organizational perspective, how does altitude play in that? Your job as leader is the get the right person in the right, with the right resources…no matter where you are. [Talk about having impact…]
11. How, as a leader, do I use these models to assess my performance as a leader…
12. “Believe it or not, a leader is NOT supposed to be solving problems…”
About the co-host:
Erica Peitler is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Erica is the author of the groundbreaking leadership book, Leadership Rigor:
Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity–Leading Yourself, Teams and Organizations