Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Today we present Episode 4 of a new intrepidNOW series, Leadership on the Ground. I am joined by my co-host Erica Peitler, where we continue our conversation about a new way to approach leadership development. Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…Discussion Guide from today’s episode:
1. When you are recruiting leaders for your organization, should you be looking for the person with the highest IQ?
2. Self-awareness is essential with leadership, and emotional intelligence makes this possible. It helps us understand how to be in healthy relationships.
3. It’s not just how you handle other people, it is also about understanding how to handle yourself in specific situations.
4. The importance of being vulnerable, and how that makes you a more effective leader, by creating safe space and safe environments to work.
5. Some leaders struggle because they fear delegating. Self-awareness and emotional intelligence enables a leader to have the right person handle a specific situation.
6. Understanding your hard-wiring…enables you to effectively manage your relationships.
7. Business is messy. And you have to be able to roll with it and still be productive.
8. Where sequencing falls into this idea of emotional intelligence: self-awareness, followed by self-management.
9. How am I showing up (as a leader)? Are you a passive leader? Are you a reluctant leader? Are you an active leader? Don’t make the mistake that, as a leader, your team has to adapt to you and your style. You have to “flex to the team around you…
Check out the complete Leadership on the Ground series!
Episode One – Introduction – What is Leadership on the Ground?
Episode Two – Altitude
Episode Three – Sequence
About the co-host:
Erica Peitler is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Erica is the author of the groundbreaking leadership book, Leadership Rigor:
Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity–Leading Yourself, Teams and Organizations
Today’s episode is made possible by:
To never miss another episode of Leadership on the Ground, CLICK HERE, and get the next episode sent DIRECT to your INBOX!