Internet Safety for Parents with Glenda Snodgrass
This interview is part of a special series by intrepidNOW Lifestyle on Internet Safety. The series is targeted at parents that know that they must protect their children from the dangers of online access but are not quite sure how. We will interview the experts and share their prescriptive advice.
GUEST: Glenda Snodgrass, President and Lead Consultant at The Net Effect.
Glenda joined us to share his advice for parents on many aspects of internet safety. Specifically, we talked with Glenda about the following:
- (3:09) Are people over-reacting to the dangers of the Internet? Or is Cyber Crime really a big threat to our country, it’s businesses and it’s people?
- (4:08) What can you tell us about the cause of the Internet outage last October?
- (6:51) Will you please talk us thru the importance of setting up “standard user” accounts on devices vs. using the administrator accounts?
- (9:19) And what about authentication? What advice do you have regarding setting passwords?
- (11:14) When I recently attended your “Practical Strategies for Securing Information” workshop, you said that socially-engineered behavior is to blame for most security incidents. Will you explain that further?
- (17:08) What are the top 2 or 3 security tactics or strategies that you insist that your family follow?
- (18;39) Do you have any more workshops coming up soon?
Tues May 9, 2017 8-12 Ransomware: The Threats that Surround
About Glenda Snodgrass
Glenda R. Snodgrass has been lead consultant and project manager at The Net Effect since the company’s inception in 1996. She is primarily engaged in network security assessments & training, software implementations and technology project management.
Glenda is experienced in managing database applications (litigation support, POS, accounting, ecommerce, CRM/ERP) in the US and in France, and has developed browser-based applications in PHP and mySQL. Her extensive hands-on software background gives her unique insight into the user’s perspective and the challenges of securing data while preserving functionality.
A popular speaker on the Gulf Coast, Glenda enjoys giving presentations on information security to civic and professional organizations. You will find her current schedule of public presentations on our Resources page.
She holds a B.A. from the University of South Alabama (1986) and a maîtrise from Université de Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne in Paris, France (1989).
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017