Internet Safety for Parents with Ciaran Bradley
This interview is part of a special series by intrepidNOW Lifestyle on Internet Safety. The series is targeted at parents that know that they must protect their children from the dangers of online access but are not quite sure how. We will interview the experts and share their prescriptive advice.
GUEST: Ciaran Bradley, CTO of Adaptive Mobile
Ciaran joined us to share his advice for parents on many aspects of internet safety. Specifically, we talked with Ciaran about the following:
- (2:52) Let’s get right to it Ciaran, what are some new trends and techniques that are being used on-line by the predators and by our children?
- (3:33) What tools can you recommend to parents to manage and monitor their kids Internet activity?
- (7:10) What is some general advice that you can provide regarding Internet connected gaming systems?
- (9:12) YouTube is especially popular with my 10 year old right now and I am at wit’s end trying to prohibit his inappropriate use without killing his curiosity and quest for learning? Do you have any advice specifically regarding YouTube?
- (11:02) What age is appropriate for a kid to get their first smart phone?
- (13:30) What are the top 4-5 rules that you suggest parents should enforce regarding Internet connected devices?
- (14:46) In addition to bookmarking your site and keeping up with the thought leadership that you provide, what are some resources that parents should follow to keep up with the latest, most up to date information on internet safety?
About Ciaran Bradley
Ciaran Bradley is Chief Technical Officer at AdaptiveMobile and the former Deputy Chair of the GSMA’s Messaging Security. Ciaran is responsible for all aspects of AdaptiveMobile’s award winning mobile security products and is a frequent commentator on mobile, privacy and security issues. He has a keen interest in mobile malware and the increasingly sophisticated threats being developed by cybercriminals. He was previously CTO of Sentry Wireless – before the company was acquired by AdaptiveMobile in 2011.