Internet Safety for Parents with Scott Driscoll
This interview is part of a special series by intrepidNOW Lifestyle on Internet Safety. The series is targeted at parents that know that they must protect their children from the dangers of online access but are not quite sure how. We will interview the experts and share their prescriptive advice.
GUEST: Scott Driscoll, Founder and President of Internet Safety Concepts
Scott joined us to share his advice for parents on many aspects of internet safety. Specifically, we talked with Scott about the following:
- (1:56) Let’s get right to it Scott, what are some new trends and techniques that are being used on-line by the predators and by our children?
- (3:06) What are the top 4-5 rules that you suggest parents should enforce regarding Internet connected devices?
- (4:28) What tools can you recommend to parents to manage and monitor their kids Internet activity?
- (7:28) What is some general advice that you can provide regarding social media for kids AND their parents?
- (8:25) What is some general advice that you can provide regarding Internet connected gaming systems?
- (9:30) YouTube is especially popular with my 10 year old right now and I am at wit’s end trying to prohibit his inappropriate use without killing his curiosity and quest for learning? Do you have any advice specifically regarding YouTube?
- (11:30) What age is appropriate for a kid to get their first smart phone?
- (13:56) In addition to bookmarking your site and keeping up with the thought leadership that you provide, what are some resources that parents should follow to keep up with the latest, most up to date information on internet safety?
About Internet Security Concepts (from http://internetsafetyconcepts.com/about-isc/about-isc-2/)
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Patient Financial Engagement: The Patient is the New Payer - September 18, 2017
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017