Reading this via email? CLICK HERE to listen NOW! In this follow-up to our recent special tasting of VGS Zinfandel wines on intrepid Lifestyle, our correspondents Todd Schnick, Stephanie Schnick and Joe Lavelle enjoy the task of tasting 2 great Cabernet Francs from Joe’s personal collection of his favorite winemakers. You can find the wines here:
The idea for tasting the Cab Franc’s was generated from the conversation during our special tasting of the VGS Zins when Joe described his winemaking weekend last fall at Chateau Potelle and surprised all of the correspondents by reporting that the wine he made with his wife during the winemaking weekend was predominately Cab Franc (65%, 20% Cabernet Savignon, 12% Merlot, 3% Syrah). In the interest of “the more wine you have, the more you know about wine”, GLC is pleased to share our observations on Cab Franc and several other discussion topics during this tasting! This episode was recorded on August 25, just one day after the 6.0 magnitude earthquake in Napa. We now understand that many of the wineries in Napa made it through the quake with just some cleaning up to do, however, many of the workers in the wine industry are in much worse shape as their houses seemed to sustain much more damage than the wineries and their storage locations. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those in Napa as they rebuild and replace their houses and memories.
Discussions Topics from Today’s Conversation:
- A refresher on VGS!
- Intro to Cab Franc and how “it doesn’t smell like Stephanie’s eighth grade gym bag!”
- The utility of smaller format 175 ml bottles which provide 2 large glasses of wine.
- Joe highly recommends Classic Convertible Wine Tours
- Robinson Family Vineyards introduction
- Wine tastes MUCH BETTER when it is served with a story!
- You have to drink a lot of wine to learn what tastes good to you and to develop the stories that will make it taste better to your friends!
- Napa here we come, we are planning to take the GLC club on the road in 2014!
Subscribe Now to get the latest from Intrepid Healthcare sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health Announces UIM Available to All at No Charge - March 24, 2017
- #Interoperability Thought Leaders - March 23, 2017
- More Insights on Duplicate Medical Records and National Patient ID - March 20, 2017