Janna Bastow is co-founder and CEO of ProdPad, product management software that helps product people and their teams build better products.
She’s also co-founder of Mind the Product, a global community and resource for product people, which organizes the Mind the Product conference and ProductTank events around the world.
THE FIVE KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS INTERVIEW:
1. Understanding product culture and product management, and how they are changing.
2. Learning the value of “capturing ideas” and “roadmapping.”
3. “The role of product management is really a communications effort.”
4. Understand how a successful product manager is one who sits in the middle of the company.
5. A discussion on how to build something world-changing from a hobby, or as a “weekend hack” as Janna puts it…
CLICK HERE to receive all future conversations and columns from the intrepidNOW Media Network, sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.