Joined in studio today by David Trice, CEO of ENGAGE.cx.
ENGAGE.cx is the only technology putting the customer clearly at the center of the business process for consumer-facing brands by connecting both online and offline interactions.
Our world is filled with data. From traditional Nielsen ratings to tracking our behaviors across the web, we are far less than anonymous in today’s digital world. Why then does shopping in a store make us feel like Julia Roberts in the infamous Pretty Woman scene? Engage.cx, is the Atlanta-based software startup that is changing the very relevant (it still accounts for more than 90% of total retail sales) brick-and-mortar retail experience by providing location based data in the moment that is tied to your online behaviors.
Notes and discussion guide from today’s show featuring David Trice of ENGAGE.cx:
1. “How do you bridge digital and physical?”
2. “A customer-aware, central nervous system…”
3. With ENGAGE.cx, the retail operation can see, when you walk into a retail store, that you just recently went online to the website, or made a phone call to learn more…
4. While more and more people are buying online, still a large majority of people buy from a physical retail outlet…
5. How is ENGAGE.cx empowering both the physical retail teams and the Digital Marketing teams?
6. How do you appropriately attribute credit for the sale? No matter how it started…
7. How can you use digital to create a better in-store experience, and increase in-store purchasing?
8. Why it matters to encourage use of in-store WIFI?
9. How can retailers get better at “omnichannel” — its the buzz word, does it really matter?
10. It’s more than being mobile-optimized. You do have to be meaningful EVERYWHERE, at any time…
11. Identification is the first step… “The INDEX in the sky…”
12. How all of this actually works…
13. How can we leverage a B2C CRM?
14. Really determining “Lifetime customer value?”
15. How do you actually manage all of this customer data for your client?
16. “In-store micro-personalization…” Impacts of beacon-technology… “Micro-geo-fencing…”
About David Trice:
David enjoys a 20+ year career in building and delivering software solutions to enterprise customers. David is currently CEO at ENGAGE.cx where he leads the effort to enrich consumer relationships with The Relationship Cloud, their omni-channel customer experience platform. Prior to ENGAGE.cx, David spent 5 years at Oracle as their Vice President, working on CRM Product Management & Strategy and led the initial launch of Oracle’s next generation CRM, Fusion CRM.
Prior to joining Oracle David co-founded and served as President of Revenue Technologies Corp, which was acquired by Oracle in 2007. David is a long time Atlanta native having graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology. David currently resides in Roswell with his wife and two kids.
About your Co-Hosts:
ASHLEY STAGGS: Ashley is the Director of Marketing at FinTech startup Wela. Passionate about introducing consumers to life-enhancing products, has nearly ten years of managing marketing departments for startups and growth-phase businesses. During football season you can find Ashley sporting blue and orange and cheering on her Florida Gators. Outside of football season Ashley is touring Atlanta brunch spots in search of the perfect French toast or taking her chiweenie Roxie to the dog park. EMAIL ASHLEY.
TODD SCHNICK: With over twenty years in business, media, and politics, Todd has plenty of battle scars. With an early career as a national political operative, then starting six companies, to hosting thousands of interviews on the radio, Todd’s work as a business and media strategist comes with a unique collection of experiences in the trenches. A distance runner, writer, and speaker, Todd lives with his family in Brookhaven, Georgia. EMAIL TODD.
Subscribe on iTunes by clicking below!
theINCUBATOR is made possible by:
And in partnership between:
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.