OUR GUEST Tom Ferry, CEO and Co-Founder of Curaspan, joined us to discuss how they became the market leader in care transitions.
We discuss the following with Tom on this episode:
- What is Curaspan’s role in the healthcare IT industry and how does your company differ from competitors?
- Curaspan has been around since 1999, what has changed in the care transition market in the last 15 years?
- How big is the care transition market? How many companies do you compete against?
- How has Medicare’s new rules and penalties for providers affected providers and Curaspan?
- What are challenges that the industry is currently facing regarding care transitions?
- What are your plans for HIMSS? What will visitors to booth 8339 learn in Chicago?
Tom Ferry has led Curaspan from concept to industry leader since its inception in 1999. Driven by the desire to solve complicated problems while working with exceptional people, he transformed an experience with a family member’s hospital discharge into the leading provider of patient transition solutions. Today, he continues to lead the strategic direction and overall management of the company. Before founding Curaspan, he was the VP of business development for American Hearing Centers, where he helped triple the company’s growth through strategic acquisitions. He also held a senior business-development role at Thermo Electron Corporation and led the international Specialty Chemicals Business, a division of Monsanto. He earned a BA in Chemistry from Cornell University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Tom is active in many non-profit organizations, including Newton Wellesley Hospital Board of Overseers and the Epilepsy Therapy Project. Tom is also currently a member of the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership.
This episode brought to you by CTG Health Solutions, your Trusted #HealthIT Consulting and Services Provider!