TODAYS GUEST Chris Shoffner, Chief Risk Officer, Physician Care Direct
Chris Shoffner joined our Direct Primary Care series to provide his insights and observations on the growing popularity and dynamics of DPC. Chris has a deep experience as a Third Party Administrator and is also a healthcare fiduciary and activist. He is full of great information on the politics of health reform and DPC.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Chris:
- (4:17) What is a healthcare fiduciary?
- (5:27) Chris, What is your overall view of the current healthcare system and what new models of care have shown potential to change the future?
- (7:47) How would companies with less than 50 employees benefit from Direct Care but companies w 100+ employees might not work with DPC?
- (11:11) Will you tell our audience about IRC 213d involving FSA, HSA, and HRA and how that might allow DPC to expand?
- (12:31) The news has been talking about co-ops closing up shop. Please share your theory why this is happening.
- (14:12) What is the best health insurance strategy for employers?
- (18:33) If you were the “healthcare Czar” and could magically replace the ACA, how would you redesign the healthcare system?
- (21:44) What is next for Direct Primary Care? What can we expect to see as we head into 2016?
About Chris Shoffner
Mr. Shoffner, a graduate of North Carolina State University, has extensive experience in health plan design, informatics, disease and risk management. Under his leadership, the Physician Care Direct team is educating employers, providers, and benefit advisers about the revolutionary Employer Health Ownership Plan. Managing the risk associated with sponsoring a health plan begins with how you purchase care.
About Physician Care Direct
Physician Care Direct partners with employers and health systems to make healthcare more affordable. We deliver the Employer Health Ownership Plan™ (EHOP™)—an innovative health plan solution that starts with personalized primary care, then adds physician and hospital networks for a comprehensive solution. Now businesses of all sizes can offer their employees meaningful healthcare benefits while controlling and reducing costs. For more information, visit www.physiciancaredirect.com. (From https://www.linkedin.com/company/2369843)
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Advocacy: Putting Healthcare Back Into the Hands of Patients - September 29, 2017
- Patient Financial Engagement: The Patient is the New Payer - September 18, 2017
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017