The Carin Alliance and Interoperability
Ryan Howells, Principal at Leavitt Partners
Ryan joined us to discuss The Carin Alliance and Interoperability. Specifically, we discuss the following with Ryan:
- (2:46) One of the areas that Leavitt Partners has been focused on is how to advance consumer-mediated or consumer-directed exchange. Can you briefly explain what those terms mean?
- (4:50) As you know Ryan many individuals and organizations have tried and failed in the past to make progress on this topic, why do you think you can make more progress now, especially this year?
- (7:08) You’ve mentioned the CARIN Alliance you and your team have convened to help advance the ability for consumers to get electronic access to their medical information. What specifically are you doing about it? What is the CARIN Alliance?
- (10:18) Who is involved and what are you working on?
- (11:11) Will the CARIN Alliance be at HIMSS?
Learn more about The Carin Alliance.
About Leavitt Partners
At Leavitt Partners, we understand the emerging role of value in health care and the significance of this development to the future of your organization. Our insights and tools in this vital arena can help you make smart decisions, successfully navigating from today’s uncertainty to tomorrow’s prosperity.
Upon transition from his post as secretary of Health & Human Services (HHS), Mike Leavitt put an idea into motion that he believed could bring clarity and value to a rapidly changing US health care system.
The idea was to create a health care intelligence gathering and filtering process modeled after what he observed used in the national intelligence service to advise presidential decision making. The result is something we like to call “health care tradecraft” and its application is bringing clarity and value to health care executives around the country.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017