TODAYS GUEST Aaron Dallek, Co-Founder and CEO at Opternative
Aaron joined us to discuss how Opternative is revolutionizing Eye Care with TeleMedicine. Specifically, we discuss the following with Aaron:
- What inspired you to found Opternative?
- Why would people want to take an online eye exam?
- How long does the eye exam take and how much does it cost?
- How do you ensure patients are satisfied with their prescriptions?
- How is Opternative’s eye exam different than a traditional exam? What have clinical tests shown?
- How has the eye care industry reacted to your disruptive technology?
- Why are you operating only in 29 states? Will others be opening soon?
- What kind of response to Opternative have you seen so far?
- How do you go to market? Who are your customers?
- What is next for Opternative?
Opternative was founded with the idea that glasses and contact lens prescriptions should be accessible and affordable. To that end we have built the Opternative online eye exam, the most convenient way to get a prescription from an ophthalmologist for contacts and glasses. The exam can be taken from anywhere, at anytime, and a doctor issued prescription can be used to shop everywhere. The Opternative exam takes less than 25 minutes and the digital prescription is delivered in 24 hours or less. The service is available in 27 states and is now accepting patients.
Eye exams for glasses and contact prescriptions are just the beginning. We envision a world where technology allows patients to connect with doctors to make all aspects of vision care more convenient, accessible, and even fun! (from https://www.opternative.com/about ) They are a true pioneer of TeleMedicine for Eye Care!
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Opioid Crisis: Industry Response - November 3, 2017
- The Opioid Crisis: Government Response - October 31, 2017
- Advocacy: Putting Healthcare Back Into the Hands of Patients - September 29, 2017