This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Darice Grzybowski, President, H. I. Mentors
Darice joined us to discuss her new book Strategies for Electronic Document and Health Record Management.
We discuss the following with Darice on this episode:
- Her new book as well as her presentation on Wednesday, Document and Data Integrity in the Health Record.
- Why is electronic document management (EDM) important?
- EDM is not just scanning!
- Joint Commissions release of Sentinel Event 54 on March 31, where the EHR System is considered a risk to patient safety.
- Why EMRs need EDM Systems like ChartMaxx from Quest Diagnostics, Patient Folder from McKesson, and Looking Glass from Streamline Health. Pretty much any other EDM out there at this point is just acting like a scanning repository.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018
- Navin Haffty Studies Show MEDITECH Hospitals Are More Profitable and Have Better Clinical Quality Scores - March 6, 2018