This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Patricia Mook, CNIO and Kimberly Krakowski, Director of Informatics and Innovation, Inova Health System
Find out more about Inova Health System!
Patricia and Kimberly joined us to share how Inova Health System is progressing on key initiatives like ICD-10 and MU, where they are having challenges and where they are experiencing “wins”. The conversation gets very interesting early focusing on Patricia’s and Kimberly’s backgrounds as nurses and how and why it’s important to build nursing perspective into IT implementations.
We discuss the following with Patricia and Kimberly on this episode:
- Their 18 month EPIC implementation
- Optimization of Their Current Environment
- Where do they Start Optimizing?
- Nursing and IT
- Inova’s Participation in High School and College Internship Programs
- Innovation as a Culture
- Interoperability – with a shout out to West Health Institute, Center for Medical Interoperability
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- #JoinTheConversation with Jason Kressel of MyHealthDirect - April 21, 2017
- #JoinTheConversation with Brad Bostic, CEO of HC1 - April 19, 2017
- #JoinTheConversation with Steve Sisko at #HIMSS17 - April 18, 2017