This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Mark Lauteren, CIO, University of South Alabama (USA) Health System
Find out more about USA Health System!
Follow Mark on Twitter!
Fellow South Alabamian Mark joined us to share how USA is progressing on key initiatives like ICD-10 and MU, where they are having challenges and where they are experiencing “wins”. Mark has done a tremendous job replacing the previous CIO at USA who had been there 40 years. He has gained everyone’s respect quickly and led USA as they made an exciting announcement about replacing their Siemens systems with Cerner at HIMSS15!
We discuss the following with Mark on this episode:
- How would you describe your pursuit of Meaningful Use? What would you do differently now that you have several years experience pursuing MU?
- What is your take on ICD-10? Will it happen this year? Are you ready?
- We hear almost every week about a data breach in Healthcare. Is it possible for you to sleep at night when you think about the security/privacy of your data?
- We want to give you a chance to brag a little on your team back home. Can you tell us about a successful project that you completed this year and what you learned from it?
- What do you hope to accomplish at HIMSS’15?
- What are your most important initiatives in 2015?
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Advocacy: Putting Healthcare Back Into the Hands of Patients - September 29, 2017
- Patient Financial Engagement: The Patient is the New Payer - September 18, 2017
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017