This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Gene Thomas, CIO, Gulfport Memorial Hospital
Find out more about Gulfport Memorial Hospital!
Gene joined us to share how Gulfport Memorial is progressing on key initiatives like ICD-10 and MU, where they are having challenges and where they are experiencing “wins”. Gene has a fantastic knack for statistics and he tells the story of rebuilding after Katrina. You will both learn and be inspired by listening in to Gene!
We discuss the following with Gene on this episode:
- How would you describe your pursuit of Meaningful Use? What would you do differently now that you have several years experience pursuing MU?
- What is your take on ICD-10? Will it happen this year? Are you ready?
- #BigData was the huge buzzword at HIMSS’14 and #PredictiveAnalytics seems to be the buzzword for this year. Do you have any current initiatives in either area?
- We want to give you a chance to brag a little on your team back home. Can you tell us about a successful project that you completed this year and what you learned from it?
- What do you hope to accomplish at HIMSS’15?
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Experian Health Announces UIM Available to All at No Charge - March 24, 2017
- #Interoperability Thought Leaders - March 23, 2017
- More Insights on Duplicate Medical Records and National Patient ID - March 20, 2017