This “#TalkHITwithCTG” series is brought to you by our partner CTG Health Solutions (CTGHS) and the episodes were broadcast live in CTGHS’s booth at the The HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition. The interviews were recorded and will be published on a regular basis on intrepidNow Healthcare. Bookmark this page to follow along with Patient Advocates, CIOs, CEOs and other thought leaders from health systems across the country. Also, read more about why CTGHS is the trusted advisor to over 600 health systems and providers.
Dr. Chris Davis, CIO and CMIO, Baptist Health System – Birmingham
Find out more about Baptist Health System!
Fellow Alabamian Dr. Davis joined us to share how Baptist Health System is progressing on key initiatives like ICD-10 and MU, where they are having challenges and where they are experiencing “wins”. Dr. Davis did such a great job as CMIO that they added CIO to his responsibilities after leading Baptist through their EMR implementation.
We discuss the following with Dr. Davis on this episode:
- How would you describe your pursuit of Meaningful Use? What would you do differently now that you have several years experience pursuing MU?
- What is your take on ICD-10? Will it happen this year? Are you ready?
- #BigData was the huge buzzword at HIMSS’14 and #PredictiveAnalytics seems to be the buzzword for this year. Do you have any current initiatives in either area?
- We hear almost every week about a data breach in Healthcare. Is it possible for you to sleep at night when you think about the security/privacy of your data?
- We want to give you a chance to brag a little on your team back home. Can you tell us about a successful project that you completed this year and what you learned from it?
- What do you hope to accomplish at HIMSS’15?
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Solution to Proper Medication Disposal - May 25, 2018
- Exploring Novel Psychoactive Substances - March 9, 2018
- Navin Haffty Studies Show MEDITECH Hospitals Are More Profitable and Have Better Clinical Quality Scores - March 6, 2018