This series from The Gulf Coast HIMSS Chapters Fall 2014 Conference (#GC3HIMSS) is brought to you by our partner JVION. JVION is proud to support the efforts of many regional HIMSS including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia. Read more about Big Data Analytics in Health Care and JVION’s patient-level predictions. We are excited to be interviewing the presenters and sponsors for the conference on intrepid Healthcare!
Stephanie Crabb, Principal at Immersive, joined us at #GC3HIMSS to talk about Data Governance.
We discuss the following with Stephanie on this episode:
- Helping clients to do things with their data that they never thought possible.
- Data Governance often starts with assessments.
- The Triple Aim initiative has been a super-motivating force to improve Healthcare as a whole and has big implications for Data Governance.
- Challenges related to silos of information(data), processes and people.
- Observation: Most organizations fail to do comprehensive ePHI data inventories.
- Risks of leaving data unprotected; “We are porous on the outside and soft in the middle in terms of data protection (in Healthcare)”.
- How does data governance differ for very small versus very large organizations?
- Data Governance is constantly evolving, ever changing job.
- Observation: “We are not good at destroying old data (in Healthcare)”
- Data Quality – Analytics depends on correct, trusted and secure data
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017
- Hot Topics for Healthcare Finance Execs for HFMA ANI - June 16, 2017