OUR GUEST Sally Pipes, President of the Pacific Research Institute and Author of the new book, The Way Out of Obamacare
Sally joined us to discuss why and how we should be replacing Obamacare and much more in this episode:
- (3:39) What is Obamacare?
- (5:07) Several insurers have noted that they are losing money on the health insurance exchanges. What does this mean for the future of the exchanges and its customers?
- (11:29) What must the federal government do to make health insurance affordable and increase accessibility?
- (16:07) Will you describe the Trump Healthcare Plan for our audience?
- (20:54) Will you also describe the Hillary Clinton Healthcare Plan?
- (22:18) If you were President, what healthcare program would you implement?
About the Book
President Barack Obama has declared that his signature health reform law – the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act – is “here to stay.” But his days in the White House are numbered, and the law has failed: insurance premiums and deductibles have skyrocketed, patients are losing access to doctors, and economic growth has been crushed.
In this Broadside, Sally C. Pipes provides an actionable blueprint for health care reform this campaign season, which the next president can implement on Day One. This book provides a replacement plan for Obamacare – one that will provide affordable, accessible, quality health care for all Americans.
Sally C. Pipes is president and chief executive officer of the Pacific Research Institute, a San Francisco–based think tank, and the Thomas W. Smith Fellow in Health Care Policy at PRI. She previously served as the assistant director of the Fraser Institute in Canada. She is the author of The Cure for Obamacare (Encounter, 2013), The Truth about Obamacare (Regnery 2010), The Pipes Plan: The Top 10 Ways to Dismantle and Replace Obamacare (Regnery 2012). She writes a biweekly health care column for Forbes. (From http://smile.amazon.com/The-Way-Obamacare-Sally-Pipes/dp/1594038295)
Follow Sally on Twitter!
About Pacific Research Institute
The Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy promotes the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute believes these principles are best encouraged through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government. By focusing on public policy issues such as education, the environment, health care, entrepreneurship, regulation, and technology, the Institute strives to foster a better understanding of the principles of a free society among leaders in government, academia, the media, and the business community.
Through its six research centers, PRI publishes books and studies, provides commentary to leading media, hosts public events, and conducts comprehensive grassroots and community outreach. (from http://www.pacificresearch.org/about/our-vision/)
Keywords #Obamacare #ACA #HealthReform
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- The Opioid Crisis: Industry Response - November 3, 2017
- The Opioid Crisis: Government Response - October 31, 2017
- Advocacy: Putting Healthcare Back Into the Hands of Patients - September 29, 2017