OUR GUEST Micky Tripathi, President and CEO of The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative, joined the show to talk to us about the how they are helping providers to make progress on interoperability.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Micky on this episode:
- (4:37) Can you share your thoughts on the current state of interoperability?
- (6:39) What can and should be done to help the laggards?
- (9:46) Can you explain the FHIR standard and how it relates to the greater scope of interoperability?
- (13:42) Can you provide an overview of the Argonaut Project, your role in the initiative, and share any recent updates?
- (17:52) We’ve interviewed both the Common Well Alliance and The Seqouia Project on our show recently, what’s your take on groups like them and their interoperability efforts?
- (21:46) What lies ahead for interoperability? What role will HIT vendors play?
About Micky Tripathy
Micky Tripathi is the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC), the state’s entity for healthcare innovation, technology, and competitiveness and is responsible for advancing the dissemination of health information technology throughout Massachusetts. He has previously served as the President and CEO of the Indiana Health Information Exchange, a non-profit business that continues to serve as a model for hundreds of other such efforts across the country.
He holds a Ph.D. in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a Master of Public Policy from Harvard University, and an AB in political science from Vassar College. Prior to receiving his Ph.D., he was a senior operations research analyst in the Office of the Secretary of Defense in Washington, DC, for which he received the Secretary of Defense Distinguished Civilian Service Award.
As an in-demand industry expert, Micky has cultivated a robust speaking resume, which includes events such as the HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, the iHT2 Health IT Summit Boston, CSTE Annual Conference, Health Information Integrity Summit (AHIMA), mHealth + Telehealth World Congress and eHealth Initiative’s National Forum on Data & Analytics.
At the national and state levels, Micky currently serves in many leadership roles on a voluntary basis:
- Board of Directions, the Sequoia Project (McLean, VA)
- Chair, US Department of Health and Human Services HIT Policy Committee Interoperability Workgroup (Washington DC)
- Member, US Department of Health and Human Services HIT Policy Committee Privacy and Security Workgroup (Washington DC)
- Chair Emeritus and Director, eHealth Initiative (Washington DC)
- Director, New England Health Exchange Network (Waltham MA)
- Member, HIMSS Davies Award Review Committee (Chicago IL)
- Member, State of Massachusetts Center for Health Information Analysis (CHIA) Data Release Review Committee (Boston MA)
About The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative
The Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) got its start in the creation of 3 of the country’s first community-wide health information exchanges (HIEs). It went on to support some of the country’s most successful eHealth communities.
We are a pioneer and leader in delivering strategy, hands-on implementation, and best practices for community electronic health records (EHRs). Our non-profit mission, to improve healthcare delivery through meaningful adoption of health information technology, drives us. Our business experience and technical expertise ensures success for clients as diverse as large healthcare networks, health information organizations, government agencies, foundations, and physician practices large and small.
Keywords #HIE, #interoperability, #ACOs, #pophealth, #EHRs, #MU, #ICD10
We encourage you to see how intrepidNow Healthcare collaborated with JVION to broadcast #PredictWhatMatters from HIMSS ’16. you can listen in to many great interviews of various executive Predictive Analytics stakeholders here.