We are excited to bring you this series from intrepid Healthcare on #HIMSS16. We will bring you some of the companies or organizations that we feel really do a great job participating in conferences like HIMSS. We will share their plans and show-off what we feel is unique about their approaches to HIMSS.
OUR GUEST Tom Ferry, CEO and Co-Founder of Curaspan, joined us to discuss how they became the market leader in care transitions and their plans for HIMSS16.
We discuss the following with Tom in this episode:
- (2:20) Let’s start by asking you to tell us about any significant company updates at Curaspan since we last spoke right before HIMSS15 in April?
- (3:27) What do you think the biggest challenges have been for health IT and what do you see taking place in the industry for 2016?
- (5:49) What incentives could we create for providers in order to have them start helping to coordinate care?
- (10:02) How does Curaspan fit into the shift toward coordinated care?
- (11:53) What will Curaspan be looking to accomplish at HIMSS16? (booth #427)
- (13:13) What types of activities will you be involved in at HIMSS16?
- (14:09) What advice can you share about attending HIMSS conferences that might help make HIMSS better those attending that are listening?
- (15:00) What have I missed about your plans for HIMSS16? What else would you like to share?
Solve Difficult Problems – In 2001, Curaspan rolled out the first ever automated solution to a very complicated problem—how to streamline and improve the fax, phone, paper-based and highly regulated process of discharging and transitioning patients from hospitals.
Work With Quality People – None of our strategies work without exceptional people to implement them. We maintain a team of exceptional people by sticking to our core values. (from https://connect.curaspan.com/about-us/)
About Tom Ferry
Tom Ferry has led Curaspan from concept to industry leader since its inception in 1999. Driven by the desire to solve complicated problems while working with exceptional people, he transformed an experience with a family member’s hospital discharge into the leading provider of patient transition solutions. Today, he continues to lead the strategic direction and overall management of the company. Before founding Curaspan, he was the VP of business development for American Hearing Centers, where he helped triple the company’s growth through strategic acquisitions. He also held a senior business-development role at Thermo Electron Corporation and led the international Specialty Chemicals Business, a division of Monsanto. He earned a BA in Chemistry from Cornell University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. Tom is active in many non-profit organizations, including Newton Wellesley Hospital Board of Overseers and the Epilepsy Therapy Project. Tom is also currently a member of the Massachusetts Competitive Partnership.
Check out our interview with Tom from right before HIMSS15! This was in our Top 10 most listened to interviews of 2015 and contains lots more great information about Curaspan and the Care Transition market.
#CareTransitions, #HealthIT, #Workflow, #HIMSS16, Care Transitions, Interoperability, HIMSS 16
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017
- Hot Topics for Healthcare Finance Execs for HFMA ANI - June 16, 2017