TODAYS GUEST Dr. Branson Page, Co-Founder of RelyMD and VP of Clinical Operations for Wake Emergency Physicians
Dr. Page joined us to discuss how RelyMD is using Telemedicine for Population Health in North Carolina and much more. Specifically, we discuss the following with Dr. Page:
- (4:57) What have you learned about how to carve out the most appropriate use cases for Telemedicine?
- (7:25) How can Population Health Management be accomplished via Telemedicine?
- (11:04) What are some used cases for which telemedicine is a better option than traditional care?
- (12:33) Is telemedicine finally changing the face of healthcare? If so, how?
- (17:38) What ways that telemedicine can be utilized by specific health systems including hospitals, doctors’ offices, retirement communities, etc. ?
- (20:51) What’s next for RelyMD? What new offerings will you be providing your customers as we close out 2016?
The idea for RelyMD started with a phone call received by one of our physicians, Bobby Park. His young niece had accidentally cut her hand, and because the pediatrician’s office and urgent care clinics were closed, her mom was getting ready to drive her to the emergency room. The cut wasn’t horrible, but she wasn’t sure if her daughter would need stitches or a tetanus shot. As they were getting into the car, she realized that her brother, the emergency medicine doctor, might be able to save her a trip. Using their smartphones, Dr. Park was able to examine the wound. It turned out that the cut could be handled with soap, water, and simple bandages. They talked about how to clean, dress and manage the wound. In the end, that phone call saved hours of time and hundreds of dollars. The next day in the office, several of us talked about the call, and we all shared similar stories. As emergency physicians, we know that there are many times when people don’t need to have access to the full services of an expensive emergency department, but have no other place to get quick access to medical care. If this kind of technology was so helpful to our friends and family, it seemed logical that the general public might want the same benefit. The idea for RelyMD was born. (from http://relymd.com/about-us/)
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017