TODAYS GUEST Chris Holbert, CEO and Co-Founder of SecuraTrac
Over 5 million Americans of all ages have Alzheimer’s disease. This includes an estimated 5 million people age 65 and older and approximately 200,000 individuals under age 65 who have younger-onset Alzheimer’s. If there is 5 million people suffering from Alzheimer’s then that also means there are 5 million plus people that are doing their best to care for those with Alzheimer’s. But keeping up with the ins and outs of everyday life on top of being a caregiver can be difficult. It’s also common for people with Alzheimer’s to wonder off and forget where it is they live.
Chris recently joined us to discuss the SecuraTrac’s Latest and Greatest #mHealth Device for Alzheimer’s Patients. Specifically we discuss the following with Chris:
- (2:37) We’ve been talking quite a bit on our show lately about Alzheimer’s and we became interested in talking to you because of your new product, the MobileDefender Model S (MD-S). Let’s start with this, what inspired you to develop a product for the Alzheimer’s population?
- (4:04) Why is the MD-S ideal for seniors and healthcare workers?
- (6:13) What are Alzheimer’s patients and caregivers saying about the MD-S?
- (7:56) What other populations would benefit from the MD-S?
- (9:13) What were some of the challenges that you faced when you were targeting the children’s market?
- (12:47) What’s next for SecuraTrac? What are you working on for your customers?
About SecuraTrac (from http://www.securatrac.com/about/ )
SecuraTrac® develops, markets, and sells a suite of mobile health and safety solutions. SecuraTrac is dedicated to bringing families closer together and improving employee safety through GPS location based technology and state-of-the-art, easy-to-use websites. SecuraTrac’s SecuraPAL® Guardian solution for children is the recipient of The National Parenting Center Seal of Approval and won the Caregiver’s Excellence Award in 2012. SecuraTrac has also developed an award-winning GPS safety app, SecuraFone®, for Android® and iPhone® platforms as well as a free, life-saving service called SecuraChild™ that leverages crowd sourcing and social media to broadcast and accelerate the location of missing children. The company is headquartered in Hermosa Beach, California.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017