How MEDITECH is Leading the Way to HIMSS17
We are excited to bring you this series from intrepid Healthcare on #HIMSS17. We will bring you some of the companies or organizations that we feel really do a great job participating in conferences like HIMSS. We will share their plans and show-off what we feel is unique about their approaches to #HIMSS17.
OUR GUEST Christine Parent, Associate Vice President of Marketing for MEDITECH, returned to the show to talk to us about their plans for HIMSS17.
Specifically, we discuss the following with Christine on this episode:
- (3:17) Christine, at HIMSS 16 MEDITECH featured the highly successful debut of you Ambulatory Physician Product among other things, what areas will you be featuring at HIMSS17?
- (5:43) Will you provide a couple examples of how MEDITECH helps facilitate great Care Coordination for the Providers that you serve?
- (8:12) What are you seeing from your customers with regard to Telehealth and how are you helping them?
- (11:57) We talked a little about Provider Productivity last year. What will HIMSS attendees be able to see In your booth, #3279 in Orlando?
- (15:23) We’ll move from providers to patients, what are you currently doing to enhance the Patient Experience?
- (19:38) You talked last year about your participation in the Population Health Summit, what will you be doing this year with regard to Population Health?
- (21:02) What have I missed about your plans for HIMSS16?
MEDITECH HIMSS Resources
- MEDITECH HIMSS17 Resource Page
- Interview with Christine promoting #HIMSS16 activities Leading the Way to HIMSS16 on EHR Innovation
- Video Interview at HIMSS16 with Christine and Dr. Larry Spector An EHR Designed for Physician Productivity
The healthcare technology industry is overdue for disruption and innovation. That’s why we’ve redefined what an EHR can do for your patients and your productivity. We’ve released the first fully web-based mobile EHR. And there’s nothing like it. Our unique mission is to enable customers to provide higher quality care, with greater efficiency, to more people, at a lower cost. We look forward to partnering with you to achieve this mission—and yours. The forces driving us today are:
- Physician Productivity. It’s no longer acceptable for your EHR to maintain previous levels of productivity. Technology must make you more productive.
- The Patient Experience. By providing universal access to the complete patient story across the continuum, we are solving many of the challenges related to care transitions. One Patient, One Record, One Bill, One Portal.
- Interoperability. We join with healthcare vendors and leaders to build a clinically-integrated network with accurate, real time data that helps you deliver the highest quality of patient care.
- Healthcare Sustainability. Our clinically sophisticated EHR is offered at a cost well below the industry average. Beyond price, we offer value—an EHR that empowers healthcare providers to deliver what’s valuable to patients.
Working ahead of the curve is part of our identity. For 46 years, we’ve been driven by the Technological Imperative of our Founder and Chairman, A. Neil Pappalardo: We must continue re-developing our products. We must continue to anticipate the needs of our customers by adding appropriate functionality. We must strive to make the human interface easier to comprehend and use.
We’re applying these guiding principles to a very different industry today. Our shared, mobile, patient-centered Web EHR was designed by physicians and clinicians to exceed Usability expectations. Our clinically sophisticated solutions support evidence-based, informed decision making across the continuum. You get the data you need, automatically pushed forward to you on a single, easy-to-use, personalized screen.
You deserve an EHR vendor that earns your trust by demonstrating a relentless, and authentic, commitment to its customers and the industry they serve. (From https://ehr.meditech.com/about-meditech/about-meditech)
About Christine Parent
Christine Parent’s well-rounded and smart approach to problem solving has long guided MEDITECH toward stronger relationships across the care continuum. Today, she brings her rich EHR knowledge to the role of associate vice president of marketing—spreading the word on how MEDITECH is reimagining healthcare and redefining productivity through our company branding, online presence, public relations, and customer events, as well as developing and executing MEDITECH’s “go-to-market” strategy. Ms. Parent has held numerous leadership positions in Development, Implementation, and Client Services. Most recently, she was responsible for MEDITECH’s Atlanta-based Home Care Implementation/Service group, where she worked to bridge the home care and acute care environments through improved communication, seamless support, and expanded integration efforts. She also led our Strategic Customer Optimization and Training Program, and oversaw 5.x Service HCIS coordinators.
Prior to joining MEDITECH, Ms. Parent earned an MBA in management information systems from Bentley University, and a bachelor’s degree in marketing and statistics from Syracuse University.
#HIMSS16, #CommunityHC, #HITsm, #EHR, Physician Productivity, Patient Experience, Interoperability, Clinical Sophistication, Healthcare Sophistication, EHR Innovation