OUR GUEST Dr. Gary Levin, Medical Director of HealPros, joined the show to talk to us about Health IT’s hottest Topics including Interoperability, Telemedicine, Big Data and Predictive Analytics and much more!
Specifically, we discuss the following with Dr. Levin on this episode:
- (3:28) From your perspective what has been the impact of Health Information on medical practice, and the economy in general?
- (5:42) Another huge topic on our show is I have a few questions for you about that. Are you using Telemedicine? If so, how? And do you think that the use of Telemedicine will continue to grow beyond the technically savvy and early adopters?
- (7:21) Are there any other areas where regulators are inhibiting the growth of better medicine?
- (8:13) We have talked a lot about interoperability lately on our show, what is your perspective of disparate electronic medical records for providers, pharmacies and insurers?
- (9:54) How will big data and predicative analytics impact the future of medicine?
- (12:57) What’s next for HealPros? What exciting new features or services are you working on now for your customers?
About Dr. Gary Levin (from https://about.me/garylevin)
I am now in my 7th seventh decade on Planet Earth. I am now retired from a long career as an ophthalmologist. It was a privilege to restore sight to so many people. Since that time I have been involved with HIT, helping to start the Inland Empire Health Information Exchange, and am now engaged with telemedicine. My goal is to support thought leaders on innovation, technology and public policy, and to advance a vision of medicine, not as it is, but as it could be.
About HealPros (from http://www.healpros.com/about)
HealPros was created to address the unmet needs of diabetes management programs and diagnostic services. The Company is focused on bringing early detection and examination services to physician practices and non-medical venues such as nursing homes, retirement communities and corporations on behalf of health plans. State-of-the-art examinations offer easy access for members most in need of services, while providing health plans the needed improvement amongst non-compliant member care.
With the epidemic spread of diabetes and the disease’s potential for severely impacting qualtiy of life, overall health and healthcare costs, the need for better disease management services is paramount. The HealPros team and solutions level the healthcare playing field for rural areas, critical access areas and members that lack the education and access to care.
The HealPros team has extensive health care experience in telemedicine, teleradiology, and mobile health care delivery. They also have over 60 years of experience in developing healthcare solutions for physicians and the member community.
We encourage you to see how intrepidNow Healthcare collaborated with JVION to broadcast #PredictWhatMatters from HIMSS ’16. you can listen in to many great interviews of various executive Predictive Analytics stakeholders here.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- #JoinTheConversation with Dr. John Showalter and Leigh Williams - May 26, 2017
- #JoinTheConversation with Nick Adkins at #HIMSS17 - May 24, 2017
- Readying for HFMA ANI in Orlando - May 22, 2017