Health IT Innovation and Interoperability
Mandy Long, Vice President of Product Management at Modernizing Medicine
Mandy joined us to discuss Health IT Innovation and Interoperability. Specifically, we discuss the following with Mandy:
- (2:16) What is your definition of user experience? And why is User Experience so important for physicians, their staff and patients?
- (3:56) What are the risks to poor user experience?
- (5:07) How can health IT innovation improve patient and customer experience?
- (6:34) How can health IT innovation improve patient outcomes?
- (7:42) How is Modernizing Medicine using technology to improve care and empower patients?
- (11:35) How have you found your customers and their patients appreciating your telemedicine solution?
- (13:48) What are the most important factors for vendors, providers and patients in the 21st Century Cures Act?
- (18:23) Why is interoperability so important for improving patient care and outcomes?
- (20:38) What are you seeing as the barriers to why the industry has struggled to achieve seamless interoperability?
Previous Interviews with Modernizing Medicine
Listen to our interview with Modernizing Medicine CMO, Dr. Michael Sherling on #Telemedicine!
And/ Or Listen to our second interview with Dr. Sherling on their progress moving Healthcare forward!
And/Or Listen to our third interview with Dr. Sherling on understanding MACRA.
About Modernizing Medicine
Every day we help physicians increase efficiencies in their medical practices while improving both treatment and business outcomes. We broke away from the crowd in the development of our template-free, macro-free electronic medical records (EMR) system so that we could stand out with dramatically different technology – specialty-specific EMR technology that thinks like a physician.
Our solution, EMA™, the Electronic Medical Assistant®, holds a distinctive position in healthcare technology that blends smoothly into your practice. We believe that an EMR system shouldn’t get in the way of how you practice medicine. It should function intelligently just like you. Like a true assistant, it should anticipate your next move.
But our goal is to do more than give you a better EMR system. Our mission is to “modernize medicine.” We are achieving this by combining the features of EMA with structured treatment and outcomes data from millions of patient encounters to give you not only top-rated tools, but also in-depth nationwide medical knowledge to do what you do best: treat patients and improve healthcare.
We help doctors get work done faster and get out of the office sooner, because every minute matters…in your medical practice and in your life.
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Patient Financial Engagement: The Patient is the New Payer - September 18, 2017
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017