We are excited to bring you this intrepid Healthcare video interview recorded live at #HIMSS16.
- Dr. Larry Spector, Emergency Department Physician, Morton Hospital
- Christine Parent, Associate Vice President of Marketing for MEDITECH
Specifically, we discuss the following about Physician Productivity with Dr. Spector and Christine on this episode:
- Christine, how are your products improving physician productivity specifically?
- Dr. Spector, how have you been involved in the development process of your EMR?
- Dr. Spector, what are the early adopters saying about usability?
- Christine, what reactions are you getting from physicians her at HIMSS regarding your strides in physician productivity?
- Dr. Spector, what is one thing that you hope that anybody that gets a demo takes away from the demo?
- Christine, for those that could not attend HIMSS ’16 to get a demo, what would you recommend as the best way to learn about your new EMR?
The healthcare technology industry is overdue for disruption and innovation. That’s why we’ve redefined what an EHR can do for your patients and your productivity. We’ve released the first fully web-based mobile EHR. And there’s nothing like it. Our unique mission is to enable customers to provide higher quality care, with greater efficiency, to more people, at a lower cost. We look forward to partnering with you to achieve this mission—and yours. The forces driving us today are:
- Physician Productivity. It’s no longer acceptable for your EHR to maintain previous levels of productivity. Technology must make you more productive.
- The Patient Experience. By providing universal access to the complete patient story across the continuum, we are solving many of the challenges related to care transitions. One Patient, One Record, One Bill, One Portal.
- Interoperability. We join with healthcare vendors and leaders to build a clinically-integrated network with accurate, real time data that helps you deliver the highest quality of patient care.
- Healthcare Sustainability. Our clinically sophisticated EHR is offered at a cost well below the industry average. Beyond price, we offer value—an EHR that empowers healthcare providers to deliver what’s valuable to patients.
Working ahead of the curve is part of our identity. For 46 years, we’ve been driven by the Technological Imperative of our Founder and Chairman, A. Neil Pappalardo: We must continue re-developing our products. We must continue to anticipate the needs of our customers by adding appropriate functionality. We must strive to make the human interface easier to comprehend and use.
We’re applying these guiding principles to a very different industry today. Our shared, mobile, patient-centered Web EHR was designed by physicians and clinicians to exceed Usability expectations. Our clinically sophisticated solutions support evidence-based, informed decision making across the continuum. You get the data you need, automatically pushed forward to you on a single, easy-to-use, personalized screen.
You deserve an EHR vendor that earns your trust by demonstrating a relentless, and authentic, commitment to its customers and the industry they serve. (From https://ehr.meditech.com/about-meditech/about-meditech)
About Dr. Larry Spector
Laurence D. Spector, MD is a board-certified physician in Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine. A 1978 graduate from State University of New York at Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Dr. Spector is an expert in the full range of Emergency Medicine, including Emergency Department workflow.
Early in his career, Dr. Spector was an ER Physician in Bronx, New York. In the early 1980’s, he moved on to practice at Brockton Hospital (Brockton, MA), where he became familiar with MEDITECH products. Dr. Spector relies upon the MEDITECH system in his current position as emergency physician at Morton Hospital (Taunton, MA). Throughout his tenure, Dr. Spector has been involved in the education of medical students, residents, and EMTs.
Dr. Spector is the lead content physician for MEDITECH’s standard content initiative and team, collaborating with third-party content vendors and nursing teams to develop Clinical Decision Support interventions for MEDITECH customers. Dr. Spector is also a faculty lecturer and presenter for MEDITECH’s CLPP program (physician training portion of the READY implementation program).
About Christine Parent
Christine Parent’s well-rounded and smart approach to problem solving has long guided MEDITECH toward stronger relationships across the care continuum. Today, she brings her rich EHR knowledge to the role of associate vice president of marketing—spreading the word on how MEDITECH is reimagining healthcare and redefining productivity through our company branding, online presence, public relations, and customer events, as well as developing and executing MEDITECH’s “go-to-market” strategy. Ms. Parent has held numerous leadership positions in Development, Implementation, and Client Services. Most recently, she was responsible for MEDITECH’s Atlanta-based Home Care Implementation/Service group, where she worked to bridge the home care and acute care environments through improved communication, seamless support, and expanded integration efforts. She also led our Strategic Customer Optimization and Training Program, and oversaw 5.x Service HCIS coordinators.
Prior to joining MEDITECH, Ms. Parent earned an MBA in management information systems from Bentley University, and a bachelor’s degree in marketing and statistics from Syracuse University.
Recent Interviews with Christine
#HIMSS16, #CommunityHC, #HITsm, #EHR, Physician Productivity, Patient Experience, Interoperability, Clinical Sophistication, Healthcare Sophistication, EHR Innovation
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017
- Hot Topics for Healthcare Finance Execs for HFMA ANI - June 16, 2017