This series from The Gulf Coast HIMSS Chapters Fall 2014 Conference (#GC3HIMSS) is brought to you by our partner JVION. JVION is proud to support the efforts of many regional HIMSS including Alabama, Louisiana, Mississippi and Georgia. Read more about Big Data Analytics in Health Care and JVION’s patient-level predictions. We are excited to be interviewing the presenters and sponsors for the conference on intrepid Healthcare!
Two of our favorite guests, Dr. John Showalter, CMIO, and Leigh Williams, Director of Revenue Cycle at University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), joined us at #GC3HIMSS to talk about #ICD10 Readiness.
We discuss the following with Leigh and Dr. Showalter on this episode:
- How physicians are actually more prepared for ICD-10 than they think! “Being prepared does not make good headlines”.
- Using homegrown, low-cost tools for ICD-10 and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI)
- Start with fixing broken ICD-9 processes will reap large benefits for ICD-10
- Importance of comprehensive CDI program with regular meeting with ALL stakeholders – must have actionable insights/data!
- Focus and Prioritization on the Codes that Matter and on Top Payers
- Challenge to Physicians: Take Your Top 10 Codes – Map them using any tool today! It will take less than 5 minutes!
Latest posts by Joe Lavelle (see all)
- Project Management Executive Shares Advice on Project Success - July 21, 2017
- Velocity Health Informatics Ready for #HFMA2017ANI - June 24, 2017
- HFMA ANI 2017 Primer - June 19, 2017