Leadership on the Ground, Season Three, Episode Six!
Today, on Episode Six, Erica Peitler and I discuss accelerating Talent Development to build your bench!
In Seasons 1 and 2, we focused on the individual mainly and how to acquire fundamental skills and then apply them in real time, situation by situation.
So, entry points, altitude, sequencing, calling out unproductive behaviors…all critical building blocks to get us to build a strong foundation.
In Season 3, we take our learning to a more MACRO level now. We now look at the concept of RHYTHM and how team leaders and organizational leaders can use their energy and rhythm to achieve performance and productivity.
Rhythm…if you look up the definition: is a strong, repeated movement or sound, a systematic arrangement. It is a pattern. Great leaders have rhythm in the way they lead. In fact, they are adept at:
Discussion Guide for Season Three, Episode Six: Accelerating Talent Development to build your bench:
1. It’s one thing to get into a rhythm. It’s quite another to figure out how to MAINTAIN it…
2. The key is to accelerate talent development. It’s no longer enough to just recruit good talent, you have to develop it…quickly!
3. “Do you have enough talent to fill the bench? To fill all the gaps in your organization? Most do not…
4. There is a time-value to talent. What does that mean?
5. We tend to be short-term focused, and we can no longer afford to be.
6. Part of the magic of accelerating the development of talent is developing talent in your organization to accelerate the talent development in your organization!
7. So how do you actually accelerate talent and talent development? “You have to keep giving them different looks, keep stretching their experiences….”
8. Most employees are not getting the feedback they need to truly accelerate their development…
9. …And more importantly, feedback (such as performance reviews), cannot only happen ONCE A YEAR…
10. As always this season, we discuss the rhythm killers…
11. Does accelerating talent only rely on the management? Or does the talent themselves have a role to play here? “It is a rhythmic co-creation process…”
About our host, Erica Peitler:
Erica is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
You can find Erica’s critically important book right here:
Leadership on the Ground is made possible by DeskHub Atlanta!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.