Leading with GRIT, Episode Six, discussion guide:
1. We lead off with a discussion and overview on the importance of Leading with GRIT.
2. Communication is important through all elements of business. But leading with, and operating with GRIT, makes communication possible. And almost easy. In fact, one of the main reasons to lead with GRIT is to facilitate effective and impactful organizational communication.
3. Communication only works with good intent.
4. Good communicators (leaders) meet their communication target where they are, without compromising their own truth.
5. You have to develop the skill to adjust and adapt your communication to be more effective…and where do you draw the line on when this action becomes inauthentic?
6. Operating from GRIT enables you to better communicate with others, even if they are NOT operating from GRIT.
7. Listening is a critical part of communication.
8. GRIT helps you to stay in the moment…
9. “LAF with your staff…”
10. You cannot say enough about how people feel when they are being listened to…
11. Active listening builds trust.
12. The 5 steps towards empathic listening…
13. Discussion around the role communication plays in inspiring people…which is one of the most important responsibilities of a leader.
14. Don’t forget that nonverbal communication is…communication.
15. It’s one thing to think about how leaders communicate. But it’s just as important about how employees communicate to management. Everyone in an organization should operate with GRIT.
Find LEADING with GRIT on iTUNES!
CLICK HERE to join Laurie’s mailing list to receive FREE weekly tips!
Today’s episode is made possible by Unlimited Coaching Solutions!
In today’s workplace, business leaders face significant pressure to recruit and retain the best employees, to effectively build a team, to create a culture that is healthy, productive, and dynamic, and to empower their staff in managing stress and finding balance. And behind all of those pressures is one goal: to strengthen and grow the business. And too many organizations struggle with this.
Unlimited Coaching Solutions provides customized strategies and training to help you reach your goals and take your teams to the next level. Call them today at (585) 248-9322, or find them online at unlimitedcoaching.com.
You can find Laurie’s book, Leading with GRIT, right here!
About our co-host, Laurie Sudbrink:
Laurie is president and founder of Unlimited Coaching Solutions, which specializes in improving workplace performance. She is a certified New York State trainer, an approved United States Navy trainer, and is certified in the Four Agreements. She has over twenty years of corporate experience in human relations, management, sales, marketing and training and is a magna cum laude graduate in Communications from SUNY Cortland.
For more information, visit www.leadingwithgrit.com.
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.