Leadership on the Ground, Season Three, Episode Four!
Today, on Episode Four, Erica Peitler and I discuss embracing personality hardwiring differences!
In Seasons 1 and 2, we focused on the individual mainly and how to acquire fundamental skills and then apply them in real time, situation by situation.
So, entry points, altitude, sequencing, calling out unproductive behaviors…all critical building blocks to get us to build a strong foundation.
In Season 3, we take our learning to a more MACRO level now. We now look at the concept of RHYTHM and how team leaders and organizational leaders can use their energy and rhythm to achieve performance and productivity.
Rhythm…if you look up the definition: is a strong, repeated movement or sound, a systematic arrangement. It is a pattern. Great leaders have rhythm in the way they lead. In fact, they are adept at:
Discussion Guide for Season Three, Episode Four: Embracing personality hardwiring differences:
1. What do we mean by “embracing personality hardwiring?”
2. There is a diversity of talent out there. How exactly do we take advantage of that?
3. We have to embrace different hardwiring, but not let it trip us up and disrupt our rhythm…
4. Again (a common theme), too many organizations and management teams aren’t even thinking about the personality hardwiring of their people….
5. Introverts and extroverts are the most obvious, but there is so much more to be aware of, and we share some examples of how this can manifest itself…
6. Organizational rhythm is killed when personality hardwiring is NOT embraced, considered, and recognized.
7. How understanding all this enables entry points!
8. The differences between thinkers and feelers, and judgers and perceivers, and task-oriented vs. people-oriented… And if none of these folks are in sync, rhythm is disrupted in a bad way…
9. It’s one thing to understand and embrace someone’s personality hardwiring. It’s quite another to try to change someone’s hardwiring. How do we deal with this challenge?
10. Most people responsible for hiring aren’t thinking about the hardwiring of their potential hires. How do you shift this focus?
11. “Are you even aware of YOUR OWN hardwiring?”
12. The reason that many are unhappy in their work is simply because management has NO IDEA about the employee’s personality hardwiring…
About our host, Erica Peitler:
Erica is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
You can find Erica’s critically important book right here:
Leadership on the Ground is made possible by DeskHub Atlanta!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.