Leadership on the Ground, Season Three, Episode Five!
Today, on Episode Five, Erica Peitler and I discuss navigating the dynamics of lifecycles!
In Seasons 1 and 2, we focused on the individual mainly and how to acquire fundamental skills and then apply them in real time, situation by situation.
So, entry points, altitude, sequencing, calling out unproductive behaviors…all critical building blocks to get us to build a strong foundation.
In Season 3, we take our learning to a more MACRO level now. We now look at the concept of RHYTHM and how team leaders and organizational leaders can use their energy and rhythm to achieve performance and productivity.
Rhythm…if you look up the definition: is a strong, repeated movement or sound, a systematic arrangement. It is a pattern. Great leaders have rhythm in the way they lead. In fact, they are adept at:
Discussion Guide for Season Three, Episode Five: Navigating the dynamics of lifecycles:
1. What does Erica mean by navigating the dynamics of lifecycles?
2. Most organizations don’t even know they are in a lifecycle, let alone diagnosing where they are in that cycle?
3. Lifecycles are prevalent in virtually every element of businesses, careers, or projects… Are you in the beginning, middle, or end?
4. Misdiagnosing is a common problem. Most organizations believe they are in a growth mode, when they are not…
5. “Where were we, where are we, and where are we going?”
6. Lots of lifecycles going on at any given time, between the individual, a team, and the organization…
7. Erica then explains how rhythm plays into how we manage business lifecycles. Are there different rhythms for different lifecycles?
8. We discuss the differences between entrepreneurial and enterprise mindsets with regards to both rhythms and lifecycles…
9. Startup phase, growth phase, and maturity phase…where does your organization/startup fall into these lifecycles?
10. As always, we discuss the rhythm killers with regards to navigating the dynamics of lifecycles…
About our host, Erica Peitler:
Erica is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
You can find Erica’s critically important book right here:
Leadership on the Ground is made possible by DeskHub Atlanta!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.