Welcome to Episode 3 of SLICERadio! Helping you slice through the noise, and to better connect with the people most important to your business. According to SLICE host Michael Taylor: “We all need two things to be successful in this world: 1. other people and 2. The ability to connect with them.” SLICE is about helping you nail #2 by communicating with power and clarity anywhere you need to make things happen.
In Episode 3, we learn how to cleanse our weasel words. Weasel words create an impression that something meaningful has been said, when in fact, only vague or ambiguous ideas and concepts have been communicated…
1. What is the definition of a weasel word?
2. What are some examples of weasel words that are commonly used? [enhance, optimize, engagement, misalignment, to name a few…]
3. Using the “Call Your Mom” weasel word test…would you use the word misalignment on the phone with your mother?
4. Harking back to Episode 2, some people purposely use weasel words so that no one really knows what was said, and thus, no one can really hold them accountable…
5. The negative impact that weasel words have on an organization…
6. Many people use weasel words simply to sound intelligent…
7. How do you actually do this?
8. Announcing a new facet of the show, the “Weasel Word of the Week!” Beginning with the next episode!
About your co-host, Michael Taylor:
Michael Taylor learned a few big things from his 20 years of simplifying heinously complicated businesses…so he started SimpleMind, a strategic marketing firm that helps companies with complex offerings translate their value.
Michael led strategic marketing teams for over 100 companies growing his award winning marketing agency to serving fortune 500 clients in 12 cities and 6 countries until selling an equity stake of his company to a large consulting company in 2005.
This series is made possible by:
SimpleMind helps companies and leaders convey complex ideas with force and clarity. The harder your offerings are to explain, understand, or sell, the more value we bring.
We are communication experts, designers, facilitators, writers and digital specialists. We’ll help you deliver your story and ideas with force consistently, in your sales presentations, through your website, through social channels, and in your electronic and print materials.
Over 100 of the world’s top companies have relied on SimpleMind to energize customers, new markets, and teams through improved communications.
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.