Joined on the show today by Ruth Sherman, Founder + CEO of Ruth Sherman Associates. She is also the author of Speakrets: The 30 Best, Most Effective, Most Overlooked Marketing And Personal Branding Essentials. She joins me to discuss the book plus some very important marketing and personal branding skills (that you aren’t using).
1. We discuss all the things people are doing wrong with their presentations.
2. The message itself is important, but we always forget the non-verbal side of this: How you look, sound, and move matters as much as the content.
3. Commanding the room doesn’t just apply to being on stage, being on camera, or doing media interviews. Commanding a room matters is almost every element of business and life.
4. These skills at better communications are the greatest marketing and personal branding tools no one wants to use. We discuss why.
5. On the subject of how to be practiced and prepared, but also how to be authentic and human, we discuss how we all have different sides to us: who we are at home with family, with our pets, in the office, and when performing on stage or in front of the camera. We discuss how to use which side when…
You can find Ruth’s book here:
Speakrets: The 30 Best, Most Effective, Most Overlooked Marketing And Personal Branding Essentials
A bit more about Ruth Sherman:
A sought-after consultant, communications expert, commentator, author, and speaker, Ruth Sherman prepares Business Leaders, Executives, Celebrities, and Public Figures to fine-tune their speaking and presence on stage, on camera, and in the media.
Ruth believes charisma is a learned skill that, once mastered, has the potential to motivate, persuade, inspire, and advance business and personal interests.
She works closely with her clients to develop their public speaking, perfect their personal and professional magnetism, and transform their ability to persuade and inspire in any venue. She provides a wide range of services, always tailored to each client’s specific needs, skills, goals, and opportunities.
With formal training as a musician, a background as a commercial singer & announcer, as well holding a masters degree in speech and interpersonal communication, Ruth’s diverse background creates a unique foundation and approach to communications.
She blends her academic training and professional insights, bringing her clients a wealth of experience and an appreciation of their particular circumstances and objectives.
Ruth maintains an active speaking career, comments on political communication, and has written a book on persuasion and influence.
Broadcasters and publications have featured Ruth’s insights and strategies, including ABC, CNBC, FOX, the BBC, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal, among many others.
She is also an active volunteer, having served on several non-profit boards.
CLICK HERE to receive all future conversations and columns from the intrepidNOW Media Network, sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.