Today we present Episode 7, and the conclusion, of our popular intrepidNOW series, Leadership on the Ground. I am joined by my co-host Erica Peitler, where we continue our conversation about a new way to approach leadership development. Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…Discussion Guide from today’s episode:
1. Key initial steps to setting your Leadership on the Ground action agenda.
2. This is critical whether you are setting an individual plan, leading a team, or leading an organization. You need an action agenda at ALL levels.
3. “You need to manage your VIPS (voice, impact, presence, style).” You shouldn’t lead by chance…
4. An action agenda at the individual level is a development plan, what do you need to be working on?
5. At the team level, you have to deliver the work, you have to help develop your team, and helping develop healthy team dynamics.
6. The three disciplines: Administrative, engagement, and productivity.
7. The organizational excellence model (create an environment that is safe, content and culture, is your talent in the right seats, how are you measuring performance, master communicators?).
8. How do you begin this entire process of Leadership on the Ground, how do you get started on the right path?
9. “Don’t think this is an overnight conversion to Leadership on the Ground, this is a long-term process that requires practice and discipline.”
Check out the complete Leadership on the Ground series!
Episode One – Introduction – What is Leadership on the Ground?
Episode Two – Altitude
Episode Three – Sequence
Episode Four – Emotional Intelligence
Episode Five – Style Versatility
Episode Six – Be a facilitator of progress
Erica Peitler is a Leadership Performance Coach who courageously partners with individuals, teams and organizations who want to realize their visions of success by transforming their leadership potential into visible, on the ground, breakthrough leadership performance!
With an engaging, provocative and straight forward approach, Erica inspires leaders to reach beyond their comfort level as they pursue becoming the performance based leaders they aspire to be in both their professional and personal life.
As a keynote speaker and author, Erica educates, entertains and enlightens audiences on leadership, transformational change and professional/personal growth initiatives.
Erica is the author of the groundbreaking leadership book, Leadership Rigor:
Leadership Rigor: Breakthrough Performance and Productivity–Leading Yourself, Teams and Organizations
To never miss another episode of Leadership on the Ground, CLICK HERE, and get the next episode sent DIRECT to your INBOX!
He is a former marketing strategist, national political operative, and lobbyist.
Todd has published five books, writes a business + lifestyle column, is a distance runner, and lives in Chicago with his wife Stephanie + family.